ONLINE PROVINCIAL CURRICULUM SURVEY
Buffalo Trail Public Schools, in collaboration with Alberta Education, invites community members, parents, students and teachers to provide your feedback about the new draft subject introductions and scope and sequence by:
- completing an online provincial curriculum survey from May 15 to June 2, 2017; or
- attending a face-to-face engagement session hosted by the Alberta Regional Professional Development Consortia (ARPDC) at Wainwright high school on May 29, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Please register here.
- attending an online webinar session from the comfort of your home
- Part A gives Albertans an opportunity to review and provide insights about the direction of the subject content based on the feedback provided by Albertans in fall 2016. Part A survey questions are the same for each subject and it may take less than 10 minutes to complete.
- Part B allows Albertans to provide detailed feedback on the individual draft subject introductions and draft scope and sequences (essential understandings, guiding questions, and possible concepts and procedures). These questions are organized by specific subjects and it may take more than one hour to complete.
Those who choose to complete Part B are encouraged to attend the May 29 session in Wainwright, as this session will help build an awareness and understanding of the curriculum development process, orient participants to the online provincial curriculum survey, and facilitate collaborative conversations to enable participants to respond to the survey.
Additional information about curriculum development can be found athttps://education.alberta.ca/curriculum-development/