Partnerships & Services
CTS offered through Lakeland College Partnerships
Buffalo Trail Public Schools, under the direction of the Board of Trustees and Senior Administration, has aggressively pursued partnerships with post-secondary institutions as a method of providing educational services to students across the division. The goal of these services is to ensure that students have access to the learning experiences they desire or require to discover their interest areas and skills sets.
For a list of all our courses, click here.
Tzea Sawchuk- Administrative Assistant
Buffalo Trail Public Schools
Alberta educational supports
- Various digital learning tied directly to Alberta curriculum. Noteworthy are the FNMI resources, the Math and Science gizmos, and the ORC.
- Accounts: Teachers create their own account and profile (teacher certificate number is required)
- 2Learn offers Alberta Curriculum resources, on-line PD offerings, classroom VC opportunities and much, much, more.
- Accounts: Login is not required
- TC2 supports teachers wishing to infuse critical thinking and inquiry into their practice. They guide the design of learning experiences that embody the new Ministerial Order on Student Learning.
- Accounts: Teachers create their own account (BTPS email address is required)
- BTPS is a member of the Alberta Assessment Consortium (AAC). .
- Accounts: Call our Curriculum Lead for log-in assistance
- Learning Network and ERLC (regional) as well as ARPDC (provincial) offer high-quality professional learning opportunities
- Website resources include upcoming sessions, archived webinars, documents, videos etc.
- Support for teachers and leaders creating and researching innovative learning environments and fosters external collaborations.
Family School Liaison Program
The Family School Liaison Program assists families and their communities with the safety, well being, and healthy development of students in the communities of: Amisk, Kitscoty, Mannville, Clandonald, Chauvin, Marwayne, Paradise Valley, Dewberry, Provost, Edgerton, Hughenden, Tulliby Lake, Innisfree, Vermilion, Irma and Wainwright.
In this area the partners are: Buffalo Trail Public Schools East Central Alberta Catholic Separate School Regional Division No. 16 East Central Alberta Child & Family Services Region Alberta Health Services. Additional funding was received from the County of Vermilion River FCSS, Town of Vermilion FCSS, Village of Paradise Valley, Village of Kitscoty, Village of Dewberry, and Village of Marwayne.
Contact the Family School Liaison Counsellor at your school or through our offices:
Vermilion & Area (780) 853-4164
Wainwright (780) 842-4481
FSL Head Office (780) 853-4164 (780) 853-4696 (fax)
5102 - 46 Street Vermilion, AB T9X 1G5
- Green Certificate
- Partnerships & Services
- Registered Apprenticeship Program
- Students Online
- Work Experience