- Students are the primary focus of the school and the school system.
- Education should prepare students to be lifelong learners able to respond and adapt effectively to change.
- Students are entitled to the highest quality education possible.
- All students should have an equal opportunity to a quality education which addresses the growth and development of the whole person.
- All students deserve an opportunity to successfully learn in a safe and caring environment.
- Schools must focus on the worth of individual students enabling them to develop to their full potential as contributing members of society.
- Education should be a partnership where responsibility for student growth and development is shared amongst students, school, parents, families, business, social agencies and government.
- Our programs contribute to the student’s intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and moral development.
- Instruction will reflect sound instructional strategies guided by current educational research.
- Where possible, educational partnerships will be developed with post-secondary institutions to enhance student educational experiences.
- Programs will be resourced in a sustainable manner.
- Programs will be monitored to ensure they meet the learning needs of students.
- Education must include a global focus which values cultural diversity and celebrates our Canadian heritage.
- Cooperation, collaboration and team work are valued in the system.
- We value all staff and support lifelong learning through appropriate professional development.
- The most suitable candidates will be hired through an open and transparent process.
- All employees are subject to an appropriate performance evaluation.
- The well-being of all staff will be promoted in a safe and caring work environment.
- Allocation of resources will reflect Board priorities.
- The Board, in consultation with Administration, shall develop the budget.
- Resources will be allocated in a sustainable, transparent and responsible manner.
- The Board recognizes that schools are integral parts of the community and supports partnerships that assist in meeting student and community needs.
- Facilities shall be safe, healthy and well-maintained.
- Long-term facility planning will consider both current and future needs.
- Bus routes shall be established to serve all resident students in the safest and most time efficient manner possible.