School Bus Safety Week October 21-25, 2019 - Ask your child's teacher how your child can participate!
- 2019-2020 SBSW Poster Contest & Entry Form for Elementary Students (Grades K-6) The theme this year is "Ready to Ride!".
- 2019-2020 Safely on Board Schedule - Students in grades K-6 learn all about school bus safety from Cindy House's Safely on Board program.
School Bus Safety - We all play a role
Drivers play a key role in back-to-school safety. Be alert and cautious. Watch out for children and school buses.
Young students also need to be aware of traffic safety rules as pedestrians, bicyclists, skateboarders and as school bus passengers.
When you’re approaching a school bus, remember these tips:
- Alternating flashing amber lights mean a bus is slowing down to stop. Do the same.
- When approaching a school bus with red lights flashing on an undivided highway -you must stop! The fine for passing a school bus with its red lights flashing is $543 and six demerit points.
- Always watch for children crossing roads. Prepare to slow down and stop.
Please do your part to help bus drivers keep our students safe. Together we can continue to make the school bus the safest means of student transportation. If you see someone passing a school bus with its red flashing lights activated, please complete the Fly-by Detailed Report form and report it to your local RCMP station. Thank you for doing your part to keep our students safe.
School Bus Safety - Newcap TV PSA
Click on this link to view the BTPS/Newcap TV Public Safety Announcement which airs throughout the school year.
This PSA was developed so that the motoring public understands the high stakes and consequences for not stopping for a school bus while it's red lights are flashing.
- Bus Safety
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Documents & Links
- Pay Fees
- School Owned Buses
- Task Force
- Transportation Registration Forms
- Transportation Related Policies & Procedures